Saturday, July 24, 2010

Experiment ahead (early Sunday post)

The CenturyLinq tech. who "fixed" the internet access that spontaneously died sometime after 8 am Thursday arrived & left without bothering to verify that our modem could actually talk to their servers. The earliest we can expect the problem to be addressed is Monday. Which, for me, guarantees that no significant web work will be done. In the spirit of lemons -> granitas, I'll use it an excuse to get some Android dirt under my fingernails. But with much of the development information (language syntax, examples, Q&A sites, blogs) online, that should be an...interesting...exercise.

Confession: I'm "cheating" by taking all 56Mb of the JavaSDK docs on a USB drive--I may be odd, but I'm insane. In any case, it should be an eye-opener to see how dependent I've become on internet access. Will report back Monday.

In the meantime, enjoy your weekend, all. I just noticed this bright yellow thing in the sky that I think I remember seeing somewhere before--just not positive it was in La Crosse, though... ;-)