Monday, September 13, 2010

Penance

Last week I'd had a bad feeling that my client contact and I weren't quite on the same wavelength, and today it came back to bite. Naturally, the code in question had already pushed out to the live web server and verified according to my understanding of the situation. Sigh. I think I made it out of that one with a whole skin, but still... The bottom line is that it's ultimately my fault for not following up on my hunch, however much I don't like the feeling of "nagging" a client.

So tonight has largely been spent scraping together information for an email that--hopefully--will not be misuderstood by the "client" of some volunteer work. (This despite the fact that I know I don't have my brain stretched all the way around the subject matter.) Only tomorrow will tell whether said "penance" has been done in vain.