Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm onto your nefarious plan, Mr. Jobs!

Around lunchtime, my pod-mate dragged my attention out of The Zone and pointed it at the blown capacitor smell originating from somewhere on our side of the building. I'd had my headphones earlier, and thus missed the ominous "Pop!" that preceded the scent of fried electronics.

I don't think I'm projecting my opinions when I say that our doughty Sys. Admin. did not seem at all thrilled at the prospect of getting it up and running again. (The snarky comment about parts being "encased in arty aluminum" might have been the tip-off--y'think?) But the iPad developers need it, so its days as a boat anchor have been postponed.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear that Apple's whole iPlatform was merely an elaborate plot to boost Mac sales...