Monday, February 15, 2010

"Another brilliant thought"

While we cleared today's snow off the driveway, I suspect that my husband (again) felt a kindred spirit with Edmund Blackadder III, fictional butler to the future George IV in the BBC (and oh-so-NSFW) comedy series Black Adder the Third. Specifically, the following exchange from "Sense and Senility":

Prince George: "Oh, I just had another brilliant thought."
Blackadder (sarcastically): "Another one, Your Highness?"
Prince George: "Yes, another one, actually! You remember that one I, I had about, uh, wearing underwear on the outside to save on laundry bills?..."

Because my latest "million dollar idea" was chocolate-flavored gloves for dentists and dental hygienists, which I bounced off Dennis while he was hacking away at the dreaded plow-roll:

Dennis: "Um, they're not going to appreciate you eating their gloves."
Me: "No, no--not edible: Just taste like it. I figure that if kids learn early-on that dentists' fingers taste like candy, they'll want to go to the dentist more often."
Dennis: "Maybe you have a point there."
Me: "And if you could spike 'em with Oxycontin or something, so much the better. Except for the illegality part, of course."
Dennis: "Then there'd be a black market in them, and you could make even more money."
Me: "True."

But that's as far as this million dollar idea made it. As I was reminded today, dental gloves are actually pretty neutral-tasting, so it's not exactly a problem that's begging to be solved. Oh, well: There are plenty of other other million dollar ideas waiting to be tripped over. A chocolate-flavored glove probably just isn't crazy enough to change the world. Better luck next idea...