Friday, November 20, 2009

Frivolous Friday, 11.20.2009: The Robert Louis Stevenson edition

[The original version from "A Child's Garden of Verses." I am soooo kicking myself for not thinking of this while under the weather two weeks ago.]

When I was sick and sat in bed,
To nurse a bored and stuffy head,
The laptop close beside me lay,
To give my NADD* its wicked way.

I Googled, for an hour or so,
So much I don't have time to know:
To get my geek on, for the thrills--
And brushing up my coding skilz.

With Facebook friends I traded greets
And caught up on their recent tweets,
And emailed pals a long-due shout
(For vocal cords were down-and-out).

Confined to sick-room, warm and still,
The upside found in feeling ill,
In one day free from stress and strain,
A rested body, busy brain.

* NADD = "Nerd Attention Deficit Disorder," coined by Michael Lopp (@rands on Twitter, blog: http://www.randsinrepose.com/) in Managing Humans.