Saturday, October 16, 2010

An effective ad placement

Dennis' vehicle is at the point where fixing what's wrong with it would cost (far) more than it's worth. So we were at a dealership this afternoon, test-driving a couple replacement candidates.

Interestingly, the vehicles' plastic floor protectors (the temporary kind the repair shop uses) were advertisements for a local credit union. At least I thought it was interesting, anyway. Namely because living in the La Crosse area for nine years seems to have greatly bolstered my immunity to print advertising. In truth, the number of billboards in La Crosse is so ridiculously high that I consider a mark against any business that subsizides that giant patchwork of eyesore. So I had to tip my hat to Westby Coop Credit Union for actually fishing for business, rather than being just another knot in the driftnet. Good job, folks.