Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The virtue of limitations

I've been a bit annoyed lately with my inability to make my posts briefer and pithier. Perhaps the Powers That Be overheard. Last night I wasn't careful enough while ensuring that the honeybees in our garage are adequately fed before going into their hive later this week. I accidentally frightened one (poor lady--honeybees don't survive stinging), and have a kielbasa finger to show for it.

Yet I've surprised myself at how effectively I can still type tonight, despite having to look at the keys every time I type the letter C, D or E. And how natural it feels to use only one finger for mousing.

For all that, however, the activity is starting to bother my hand, so I will leave you with this as anecdotal evidence that you can learn to do more within constraints--and more quickly than you think.