Friday, February 6, 2015

Frivolous Friday, 2015.02.06: For this I went to Programmer School*...

So I'm slated to give a technical presentation next month.  (No, you can't know what it's about just now.  Sorry--it's not even officially on the calendar yet.)

When I did this sort of thing last year, I was slagged (mercifully, in private) for making my slides too "dense."  In PowerPoint terms, that means loading a single slide with more than one digestible hunk of red meat.  Which, alas, is particularly easy to do with text.

(Grumble.) 

Fine.

This time we'll do pictures.  Lots and lots of pictures.

Happy now?

Mind you, my camera skills are mediocre at best, and Microsoft Paint marks the upper limit of my digital artistic abilities.  (In fairness to Microsoft Paint, I believe that Ally Brosh's Hyperbole and a Half artwork is done entirely in Paint, which makes it totes legit, amirite?  So there, Adobe...)

And so far, my only "logic" skills have been used to suss out the appropriate graphics from the Intertubes.  Including references to:
  • Back to the Future
  • Barbie
  • Ghostbusters
  • Ironman
  • Sex and the City
  • The Wizard of Oz
  • Young Frankenstein
And I haven't finished the presentation outline yet, either.  Which means still more mischief to manage.  [rubs hands together chortling evilly]

That'll show'em.

- - - - - 

* All thin-skinned pouting aside, I am jazzed that the folks I consider my mentors consider me enough of a peer to lend me their ears and eyes for an hour or so every year.  Nothing forces you to learn something like having to explain it to other people.  It's even more true when you're only a few y-coordinates up on the learning curve yourself.