Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Touche.

The "car doctor" for my 15 year-old beastie changed ownership somewhat recently. I've been pleasantly surprised to notice no difference in the faces nor the service since then. But, as the courtesy van driver--somewhat older than I--schlepped me to work, I made conversation by asking how things had changed.

Naturally, I was expecting a diplomatic answer. But he went on quite convincingly about how all the same folks were in place, and the former owner had made himself deliberately scarce, practicing for retirement. Which all warmed my heart, until I was collecting my backpack and clambering out of the van and he said, "Nope, the only thing that's really changed is the computer program...and that's what takes a fellow the longest time to learn."

I'll confess that I didn't have the moxie to tell him what I do for my crust. But...point taken.